[mythtv-users] Strange sound problem with FC3

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Dec 16 03:19:56 UTC 2004

I'm setting up a system with Jarod's guide using FC3.
At least, that's what I'm trying to do.

I'm setting up an IBM Netvista with onboard intel8x0
sound.  I've got the headphone jack output plugged
into an amp and when it is running windows, all works
great.  When running FC3, I can hear a test sound
(KDE_Startup.wav) played with aplay through the
internal speaker, but there is no sound coming from
the headphone jack.  I have tested with both aRTs
enabled and disabled with the same unsuccessful
result.

What part of the sound configuration am I missing?
Oh, this is going to be a frontend only, if that matters.

Thanks,
Paul