[mythtv-users] /dev/dtv

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Dec 14 13:11:26 UTC 2004

On 12/13/2004 10:05 PM, Chuck Rice wrote:

> At 2:28 PM -0800 12/13/04, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>
>> Ah, yes, that's a much nicer way to do it. I'll roll with that when I
>> get
>> around to making changes. Probably just drop a kver.sh file
>> into /etc/profile.d/.
>

> Would this also be a good place to put:
>
>    ln -s /dev/video32 /dev/dtv
>    ln -s /dev/video32 /dev/dtv0
>
> there also?

No, /etc/profile.d is where you would put things to modify your login
shell.  You want /etc/init.d/rc.local, or better yet I would put those
in the mythbackend startup script in the start section.

> Perhaps with an exists test?

if [ ! -e /dev/dtv ] ; then ln -s /dev/video32 /dev/dtv ; fi
if [ ! -e /dev/dtv0 ] ; then ln -s /dev/video32 /dev/dtv0 ; fi

> I have to reset that every time I boot. -Chuck-

So you don't have /dev/dtv or /dev/dtv0, but you do have /dev/video32
and you need to create the symbolic link and that works for you?  I
would imagine, if anything, that /dev/dtv exists and you are trying to
use /dev/video32 which doesn't exist.  What distro and hdtv drivers are
you using?

--
David