[mythtv-users] Problems tuning PVR 250

Brad brad at bradandkim.net
Tue Dec 14 04:12:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 00:38 +0100, Robert Copelan wrote:
> Brad,
> Try the following for channel 3
> perl ptune.pl  --frequency 88000
>
> for channel 4:  perl ptune.pl --frequency 95000

> >> PVR250,
> >> frequencies
> >> It
> >> probably

> >> of

> >> tuner
> >> all

Thanks to everyone for the help.  I feel a bit foolish, but tonight I
had the tv on while following the lists' suggestions and noticed that my
'wavy' screen when tuned to channel 3 _is_ actually the signal.  It's
the picture chopped into sections with black lines separating the
chunks.  The black lines run mostly horizontal but slightly vertical.  I
tried fine tuning with ptune-ui.pl.  Tuning directly to 88000 or 95000
with ptune.pl gets me static again, so I think the frequency ptune gives
me for 3 is right or close.  Could this still be a need for an amplifier
on the line...especially given that my power pole is not grounded and
touching coax in my house lands a good shock?  It seems to me like I am
close.

Thanks again for all the help,

Brad