[mythtv-users] ALSA Sound question

Schwarz, Robert P BS126598 at ncr.com
Tue Dec 14 01:15:51 UTC 2004

Running FC3, with ALSA!  How can I make sure that after bootup the
alsamixer settings are correct?

I have played with /etc/asound.state! No effect!

So I played with /etc/int.d/alsasound (added "set -x") and see that alsa
is already loaded. So the asound.state is never processed.

I have played with /etc/modprobe.conf adding the install and remove
lines!  No effect!

mythbackend starts from /etc/rc5.d! How can I (or better yet what is the
proper way to) guarantee that the capture and volume settings are
correct?  My system defaults to Line for Capture and I need CD, and
Capture also needs capture on.  I have also tried "/etc/profile.d" as
with the MYKERNEL postings, but that only effects post logon shells.  I
have also considered adding the amixer lines to the S86mythbackend
startup script.

Thanks
Bob