[mythtv-users] [OT] how do you defragment a xfs formatted LVM?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Dec 13 23:06:50 UTC 2004

Sorry for the slightly off topic question but since the LVM is my video
partition its sort of mythtv specific :)

Should I be performing some type of defragmentation on my LVM? The drive
seems to be thrashing around quite a bit more recently and fragmentation
comes to mind from my windows experience.

Assuming I need to, what do I need to do? A pointer to a howto would be
nice.

The drive is a pair of 160gb ide drives set up with lvm as a single big
drive and formatted with xfs. I dont have any way to back this up atm so
formatting and starting over is not an option.

TIA,

Bill