[mythtv-users] pvr-350 decoder output

Jon Beckham mythtv at leftorium.net
Mon Dec 13 20:36:57 UTC 2004

At 13 December, 2004 Dan Wilga wrote:

> I, and many other people, use it regularly. You end up using the ivtv
> framebuffer device driver for X. It's too slow for games, but works
> very well for TV. I highly recommend you use S-Video over composite
> output, though.

Why do you recommend S-Video over composite?  Lacking an S-Video cable,
I've been using composite and it seems fine[0].

[0] Except for the fact that the pvr350 thinks my tv is three inches
further left than it actually is.  I'm using the most recent firmware
(as noted at http://tinyurl.com/5hnc5 ) that's not beta.  I haven't been
able to find any info on this problem anywhere, and no amount of
fiddling with firmware versions, driver versions, kernel versions, or
X config has yielded any success.

--
      j.beckham      | Everyone was born right handed,
beckham at gehennom.net | only the greatest overcome it.