[mythtv-users] DVB in Guildford, UK...

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Mon Dec 13 14:28:57 UTC 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 11:25:22AM +0000, Julian Edwards wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 10:46, Jules Gosnell wrote:
> > It took me a bit of messing around to get the card tuned in to my local
> > transmitter - Guildford.
> >
> > However, I am still short of a few Channels (ITV in particular).
> >
> > If anyone has a complete channels.conf (to use with zap2myth) or db
> > tables for this transmitter, or would like to collaborate on one/them, I
> > should be interested to hear from them.
>
> I'm in Guildford also, and I've actually found it better to point at the
> Crystal Palace transmitter.

Ditto and ditto ;-)

We are a bit in the shadow of the Hogs Back so we can only just see
the Guildford transmitter.  I had the aerial redone recently and
decided to go for Crystal Palace.  For us the signal is better than
Guildford, though I can see some channels from Guildford too.

> Can you get all the channels you want on a set-top box?  It's worth
> checking with something that you know will work as you may need to get
> an omniband aerial (you can tell what you have now by the colour of the
> plastic insert at the end - I think omnibands have black ones).

Our old aerial (which was pointing at Wonersh) used to work (just
about) with both Guildford and Crystal Palace.  Well enough for me to
work out that this digital TV thing was going to work and I should
spend some cash on getting the aerial redone.