[mythtv-users] DVB in the UK (EPG)

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Fri Dec 10 23:48:49 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 09:45, Tom Hughes wrote:
> Indeed. It's hard to justify paying for the Hauppage, Nebula or
> Pinnacle cards if the Twinhan one is going to work. The others might
> have better Windows software but I don't care about that.

I don't think the visionplus one comes with a remote control. The remote
with the nova-t is pretty good and works well with MythTV. It'd be worth
the extra for that.

Also, scan sell the nova-t without remote for only 5 quid more than the
visionplus. Again I'd be prepared to pay the extra for consistency, and
because I already have the nova-t (though the last model) and it works
very well.

As to the software, windows users seem to complain lots about the
hauppage, so I don't think you're paying for that. :)

> My main concern is actually which card is going to cope best with
> a poor signal - my old Pioneer OnDigital box has a lot of trouble
> with one of the Muxes and I'm hoping that a modern card will be a
> bit better.

Not heard anything on the visionplus, but the nova-t has pretty good
reception for a tv card. Certainly mine is very good - you should see
the picture on an analogue set, virtually unwatchable at times.

Cheers,

Martin.