[mythtv-users] Getting Myth running with an HDTV

Pete pete at putzin.net
Fri Dec 10 16:56:09 UTC 2004

OK, Myth is running great at my desk. The machine is almost perfect, and I can
record and playback shows on my LCD. Time to move it to the living room.
However, I have two questions.

1. Does anyone have a good way to generate modelines and configuration for a
1280 x 720 output? I'm going to hook this up through my Nvidia 5500 and play
both regular TV and HD (when my pcHDTV 3000 shows up) through it. Not sure
how to go about setting up overscan for this either. Since it's going through
the video out, do I have to do anything? I ask because currently, the analog
TV out has two thin black lines on the left and right. This isn't to big a
deal, but I like to watch TV in 4:3 zoom mode, and there are still two thin
black lines displayed (myth window at 1280x720 to simulate, myth set to use
the full window). I'm hoping the HD output won't have this issue.

2. Is 1280 x 720 the best choice for resolution? Obviously here in the US, so
I'm curious to know if I'm missing something.

Thanks.

--
"Wherever the standard of freedom and independence has been or shall be
unfurled, there will her heart, her benedictions, and her prayers be. But she