[mythtv-users] Re: New user and question about GPL

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca
Fri Dec 10 04:42:07 UTC 2004

Lane Schwartz <dowobeha at gmail.com> wrote:
> This looks like a violation of the GPL.  Source must either be included
> with the binaries (in which case, it need not be distributed to any
> third parties), or *offered* to *"all third parties"* (everyone).

Woohoo.  Looks like they think how I thought they did.

Not that the FSF's opinion is the binding opinion of course, but I think it
would hold a lot of weight.  Anyways, the right to enforce the GPL belongs to
the author(s).  So if Isaac is interested in chasing them, that would go the
furthest for sure (or one of the other developers with Isaac's knowledge as it
is partially their code too).

Of course, if they aren't interested...

Ciao
Gavin