[mythtv-users] Problem with wife-friendly feature

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 17:59:56 UTC 2004

It sounds to me like the problem is that irexec is running as root,
and thus trying to start up myth as root, but the X server won't allow
it.  By default, X will only allow programs to connect from the
current user logged in.  You can change this with a command such as
'xhost + localhost', which will make X allow any connection from
localhost.  This is how I have mine set up.  Alternatively, if you'd
rather not mess with that, just set up irexec to run as the user.

-Nate