[mythtv-users] [OT] Mailing Lists...

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Mon Dec 6 15:53:22 UTC 2004

> Sorry to flame but I hate this discussion....(maybe it is because my
> thoughts are the one that always lose.)

Blah blah blah

If you like web forums so much, go set one up and write a bridge
between the email list and the web forum.  Even easier, grab a gmail
account and have your mailing list mail sent there so you can search
it without having to download it all.

I happen to be a 6 year Gnus user who is very happy downloading and
reading mailing lists My Way(TM).  I bet there are others like me with
configurations and mail filtering that cannot possibly be matched by
some crappy web interface designed to make the 95th percentile happy.

I hate to sound like an asshole, but while I am sympathetic to your
concerns, they are just that: *your* concerns.  Asking everyone else
to change the way they interact with others on this project just to
make a few peoples' lives easier is selfish and dumb.  Instead of
wasting your time on a pointless endeavor and increasing the amount of
irrelevant mail everyone else has to download, go find a solution that
works for you and those like you without requiring that everyone else
change to accomodate it.

Cheers,
Kyle