[mythtv-users] Question about using nuvexport

Mr. Myth mythtv at blandford.net
Mon Dec 6 03:05:13 UTC 2004

Hello,

I am new to editing with myth....

I recorded a 3 hour program using mythtv.

I only really want to keep about 3 minutes of the program.

I used the edit mode to set a cut point in front of and behind the clip
I want to save.

I pressed X to transcode.

Now if I watch that show, I only see the clip I want.

I appears the original file is still intact and rather large.  Is this
to be expected?  I guess I thought transcoding it would reduce its size.

So - moving forward.

I tried to use nuvexport to extract that little clip to a small(er) mpeg
file.

I chose option 8 MPEG2->MPEG2 cut only.

This started up avidemux2 which consumed all of my cpu for about 18
hours before I killed it.

I haven't tried this again.  Am I going down the wrong path?

All I really want to do is archive this little bit of video and then
delete the rest out of mythtv.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Michael