[mythtv-users] Mythtv + DXR3 ?

Søren Pingel Dalsgaard spd at mjolner.dk
Sun Dec 5 19:01:38 UTC 2004

Hi,

I also have a DXR3 which I already have installed. I am running gentoo linux and I used this:

  ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge em8300-modules em8300-libraries

To get the stuff installed (dxr3.sourceforge.net for more info). I also added these lines:

  /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel2.6
     em8300
     bt865
     adv717x

  /etc/modules.d/em8300
     alias char-major-121 em8300
     options adv717x pixelport_16bit=0 pixelport_other_pal=0
     options em8300 dicom_fix=0 dicom_control=0 dicom_other_pal=0 activate_loopback=1

  /etc/conf.d/local.start
     /usr/bin/em8300setup

But I am not too sure about the options - and, as you can see, you also have to add i2c to the kernel.

Did anyone manage to get dxr3 to work?

Thanks,
Søren

vcr etc # modinfo em8300
author:         Henrik Johansson <henrikjo at post.utfors.se>
license:        GPL
alias:          char-major-121-*
parm:           use_bt865:Set this to 1 if you have a bt865. It changes some internal register values. Defaults to 0.
parm:           dicom_other_pal:If this is set, then some internal register values are swapped for PAL and NTSC. Defaults to 1.
parm:           dicom_fix:If this is set then some internal register values are changed. Fixes green screen problems for some. Defaults to 1.
parm:           dicom_control:If this is set then some internal register values are changed. Fixes green screen problems for some. Defaults to 1.
parm:           bt865_ucode_timeout:Set this to 1 if you have a bt865 and get timeouts when uploading the microcode. Defaults to 0.
parm:           activate_loopback:If you lose video after loading the modules or uploading the microcode set this to 1. Defaults to 0.
vermagic:       2.6.9-gentoo-r6 486 gcc-3.3
depends:        i2c-algo-bit
alias:          pci:v00001105d00008300sv*sd*bc*sc*i*

vcr etc # modinfo adv717x
license:        GPL
parm:           pixelport_16bit:Changes how the ADV717x expects its input data to be formatted. If the colours on the TV appear green, try changing this. Defaults to 1.
parm:           pixelport_other_pal:If this is set to 1, then the pixelport setting is swapped for PAL from the setting given with pixelport_16bit. Defaults to 1.
parm:           pixeldata_adjust_ntsc:If your red and blue colours are swapped in NTSC, try setting this to 0,1,2 or 3. Defaults to 1.
parm:           pixeldata_adjust_pal:If your red and blue colours are swapped in PAL, try setting this to 0,1,2 or 3. Defaults to 1.
parm:           color_bars:If you set this to 1 a set of color bars will be displayed on your screen (used for testing if the chip is working). Defaults to 0.
vermagic:       2.6.9-gentoo-r6 486 gcc-3.3
depends:        i2c-core

vcr etc # modinfo bt865
license:        GPL
parm:           color_bars:If you set this to 1 a set of color bars will be displayed on your screen (used for testing if the chip is working). Defaults to 0.
parm:           rgb_mode:If you set this to 1, RGB output is enabled. You will need to hack the DXR3 hardware. Defaults to 0.