[mythtv-users] Bare minimum for the back end

Dean mythtv at deanandadie.net
Sun Dec 5 03:00:18 UTC 2004

Hi Mythtv-users,
	I am taking full advantage of the client/server design of mythtv, but
would like to take it one step further.  I'm installing a new system (gentoo)
to run as a backend only.  I would like to install the least amount of software
to get the backend working.
	On the current back-end, I checked-out the current source and compiled
it.  My plan is to copy the necessary programs and libraries over to the new
backend and see what breaks.  (Don't worry about having two master backends for
the time being.)
	Now, I am just guessing about the required programs, but it seems that
I will need: (in the source directory)

setup/
	setup
programs/
	mythbackend
	mythcommflag
	mythfiledatabse
	mythjobqueue
	mythprogfind
	mythtranscode
libs/
	a bunch
filters/
	all?

I am unsure about
programs/
	mythtv
	mythepg
themes
	I doubt it, but you never know

It appears I do not need
	mythuitest (README)
	mythtvosd  (don't need the osd)
	mythtvlcd  (README)
	convert (no files)
	menutest (no files)
	mythdialog (no files)
	mythfrontent (not using it)

My plan is to copy the necessary libraries from the current back-end (same
environment).

Tell me, is this a sane plan?

TIA,
--Dean - Unscrambler of eggs