[mythtv-users] XvMC segmentation fault with mythtv

charlesrandle at cwjamaica.com charlesrandle at cwjamaica.com
Sat Dec 4 13:43:01 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I'm using mythtv rpms from Atrpms on fedora core 3 (kernel version = 2.6.9-1.681_FC3) with the following hardware:
1) Nvidia Geforce FX5200 video card: Driver = nvidia-graphics6629 (Atrpms)
2) AMD Athlon64
3) PVR-250MCE Driver =  ivtv-0.3.1w-57

PROBLEMS :
A) I can successfully watch TV with mplayer using mplayer /dev/video , however whenever I try to use MythTV to do the same I get a segmentation fault where XVMC commplaining about "Bad Alloc" . Can anyone provide a solution ?

2) When watching TV using mplayer there are black bars on either side of the mplayer display , how can be done to remove these bars and will they show in MythTV (when I finally get it fixed) ?

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,
Charles