[mythtv-users] OS X icon question...

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Fri Dec 3 23:12:27 UTC 2004

On 3 Dec 2004, at 4:25 PM, Calvin Gorriaran wrote:

> I have a stupid OS X question. I have compiled mythfrontend on my
> powerbook. Works perfect, though I
> am still trying to get mythvideo compiled. One issue I have is I can't
> seem to make an icon for it.

Can you really not create an icon, or is it just that the frontend
fails to launch?  Double-clicking mythfrontend.app won't work yet
without some hacking.  Unless you've modified your environment.plist,
mythfrontend.app won't be able to find the shared libraries it needs if
you launch it from the Finder or the Dock.  (Your .bash_profile is only
used in the Terminal, not in the graphical environment.)

You can find out more about environment variables in the GUI here:

http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1067.html

- Jeremiah