[mythtv-users] Backend and NFS?

mythtv at hb-computers.com mythtv at hb-computers.com
Fri Dec 3 15:11:48 UTC 2004

K, I have a question concerning using a Dedicated NFS server for Myth. Let
me give you some background on my setup...

Dedicated mythbackend server with nfs mounts to recorded, buffer. This box
has two pvr250 cards in it. It doesn't run X at all.
2 remote frontends with connections to backend and with nfs mounts to the
Dedicated NFS server.
I have a gigabit NIC in the NFS server and the Myth is on the same
dedicated Gigabit network. The Myth boxes have 10/100 3com cards in them.

Is it to much to ask for Myth, network, or NFS server to write two shows
at the same time while watching a show from a remote frontend??

Every Thursday night, from 8 to 9 and 9 to 10 I have 2 shows being
recorded in each hour and at the time the first shows stop and the second
start, myth stops recording.. There is no error in the mythbackend log. I
did have the prerecord and postrecord options set to 120 seconds.

Anyone have any ideas?
Bryan