[mythtv-users] general remote question

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 12:11:30 UTC 2004

Paul.Buchanan at thomson.com wrote:
> On Thursday, December 02, 2004 10:43 AM,
> mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>>when I run irw.. I can see it recieving the commands from the remote..
>>and when I keep a button *pressed* .. it keeps recieving the signal
>>and responding...
>>
>>I therefore am led to think the lircd.conf is correct..
>>
>>However.. when I try to use the remote in MythTV... when I press the
>>down arrow.. I am expecting it to keep scrolling down as long as I
>>have
>>the button pressed.. this doesn't happen..
>>

> Can you post the section of your lircd.conf that deals with your arrow keys?  It may be that you don't have the repeat behavior set up correctly.

Paul.. thanks for the reply.. sorry its taken so long.. but here is the
relevant part:

# Scroll up
begin
prog = mythtv
button = 2
repeat = 0
config = Up
end

# Scroll down
begin
prog = mythtv
button = 8
repeat = 0
config = Down
end

Your response got me thinking (doh! repeat!) but am not sure how to fix
it anyways.. if I change the repeat=0 to repeat=1 won't that just do 2
actions for each time I press the button? am presuming there is
something else that should go here...

Thanks again

Craig