[mythtv-users] mythtv and nvram-wakeup not resetting the wakeup time in the BIOS

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 13:34:32 UTC 2004

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 02:24:53 +0000, Phill Edwards
<phill_edwards at hotmail.com> wrote:
> This problem has been raised recently but I have not been able to find a
> solution to it. I think Lane has recently posted about this, so Lane if you
> have a solution could you please post it here?
>
> The problem is as follows. Nvram-wakeup is working correctly from the
> command line - it sets the wakeup time in the BIOS and the machine correctly
> reboots at that time. I have got the mythtv setup working so that it shuts
> down the machine when idle but it's not resetting the wakeup time in the
> BIOS. I was wondering whether the command in the mythtv setup has to be run
> as sudo (although someone posted that that wasn't necessary as mythbackend's
> running as root anyway, and the shutdown command is being run OK).
>
> Is there some reason why the nvram-wakeup call from mythtv might not be
> setting the wakeup time in the BIOS?

Hi, Phill. Yup, that's my problem exactly.

I never did get the problem solved. However, I just did a clean
reinstall, and I haven't gotten around to trying again to see if the
problem is still there.

I am a bit frustrated that no one seems to know when the set wakeup
command is supposed to be running. Perhaps someone knows a log file I
could look in to check for errors when the startup command is supposed
to be running?

Lane

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003