[mythtv-users] mythtv and nvram-wakeup not resetting the wakeup time in the BIOS

Phill Edwards phill_edwards at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 2 02:24:53 UTC 2004

This problem has been raised recently but I have not been able to find a
solution to it. I think Lane has recently posted about this, so Lane if you
have a solution could you please post it here?

The problem is as follows. Nvram-wakeup is working correctly from the
command line - it sets the wakeup time in the BIOS and the machine correctly
reboots at that time. I have got the mythtv setup working so that it shuts
down the machine when idle but it's not resetting the wakeup time in the
BIOS. I was wondering whether the command in the mythtv setup has to be run
as sudo (although someone posted that that wasn't necessary as mythbackend's
running as root anyway, and the shutdown command is being run OK).

Is there some reason why the nvram-wakeup call from mythtv might not be
setting the wakeup time in the BIOS?

Regards,
Phill