[mythtv-users] Manual record/stop

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 22:11:21 UTC 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:39:46 -0500, Joseph A. Caputo
<jcaputo1 at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 December 2004 16:16, Lane Schwartz wrote:
> > Hmmm.... Anyone know what the best method is for putting in a feature
> > request? (Other than implementing it myself :)  Is it OK to send
> > messages of that sort to the myth-dev list?
>
> No, please *don't* send a feature request to the -dev list (unless it's
> accompanied by a patch implementing the feature).  The only result
> would be that you'd be made fun of on the -dev IRC channel :-)
>
> There really is no method for requesting a feature.  Many of the
> developers read the -users list; hope that one of them has a similar
> itch & decides to scratch it.
>
> > I think you're right - if someone was familiar with the code, I
> > suspect that adding a mode like this wouldn't be too hard. Then
> > again, I haven't looked at the code.... :}
>
> There used to be a feature called "Instant Recording", IIRC, that was
> meant for just this purpose.  It was disabled because it was broken and
> the original author did not maintain it.

Thanks for the advice - that's why I asked whether it was appropriate
to send to -dev.

When you mention the "Instant Recording" feature, are you talking
about the feature that let you press 'R' while watching Live TV to
record? As I mentioned earlier in this thread, that feature is
somewhat similar to what I'm talking about, but not the same thing.

I guess if I want this bad enough I'll be sitting down with the code
soon. I need *some* way to deal with my stack of home video tapes.
Just have to decide what the best way is.

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003