[mythtv-users] HD-2000 with new drivers

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Wed Dec 1 19:25:43 UTC 2004

I posted a message on the pcHDTV forums about this, but they don't
appear to read their own forum because I have gotten zero response
about this.  So, I figured I'd try here since we are probably the
largest easily-characterizable subset of pcHDTV users.

Ever since the new external drivers (supposedly with support for both
2000 and 3000) have come out, I haven't been able to use them because
they fail to tune my HD-2000. I note that when I load the old bttv
driver, dmesg reports:

bttv0: using tuner=42
bttv0: i2c: checking for MSP34xx @ 0x80... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA9875 @ 0xb0... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA7432 @ 0x8a... <6>Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.7
usbcore: registered new driver hci_usb
not found
tuner: Ignoring new-style parameters in presence of obsolete ones
tuner: chip found at addr 0xc2 i2c-bus bt878 #0 [sw]
tuner: type set to 42 (Philips 1236D ATSC/NTSC daul in) by bt878 #0 [sw]

whereas when I load the new bttv driver, I don't get the "tuner: type
set to 42" line:

bttv0: using tuner=42
bttv0: i2c: checking for MSP34xx @ 0x80... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA9875 @ 0xb0... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA7432 @ 0x8a... not found
tuner: Ignoring new-style parameters in presence of obsolete ones

The other tuners (for the ivtv cards) are detected properly.

Any clues as to why this would be?

Cheers,
Kyle