[mythtv-users] The last(?) hurdle

Phill Edwards phill_edwards at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 12:46:31 UTC 2004

>Is it possible to change the "thumbnail" for a show? I would like to
>grab a frame that's 5 mins into the recording. But I cannot find
>an option to do so even tho someone hinted that it is in fact there?

In mythfrontend go to Utilities/Setup --> Setup --> TV Settings -->
Playback. The 3rd screen in the Playback setup is called "View Recordings"
and it lets you enter a time offset (in seconds) for thumbnail preview
images. I set mine to 300.

>Quality: When can I find a definition of High Quality / Low Quality /
>Live TV?

In mythfrontend go to Utilities/Setup --> Setup --> TV Settings --.
Recording Profiles. Select Software Encoders and that will present you with
a list of 4 recording qualities - Deault, Live TV, High Quality and Low
Quality. You can modify each one as you like.

Regards,
Phill