[mythtv-users] Is there a good guide on recording profilessomewhere?

DTR dtr at edenforge.com
Tue Aug 31 15:32:27 EDT 2004

If I understand correctly what you are asking, yes there is an automatic
transcode option which transcode from MPEG2 to your MPEG4 format.  I
believe you also have the option of deleting the original too although I
can't confirm this now since I'm at work.  I have used the auto
transcode feature in the past but I've disabled it as I just delete 98%
of what I record immediately after watching it so it didn't make a lot
of sense to consume all those CPU cycles.   It's certainly a great way
to go if you are into archiving however.

--
DTR