[mythtv-users] m3u2myth.pl inserting empty playlists

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Tue Aug 31 15:05:06 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 21:29, Grant Edwards wrote:
> The only useful-looking thing google could find was this Perl
> program:
>
>   http://www.foofus.net/jmk/mythtv/m3u2myth.pl

heh. Someone actually downloaded something I wrote and tried it. Cool.
;)

>   Reading data from m3u file...
>   Inserting new playlist to DB: Van Morrison - Moondance:
>
> >From what I can tell from looking at the m3u2myth.pl source
> code, there is supposed to be a songlist output after that
> second colon.  But the song list is always empty.  Beyond that,
> I'v been unable to decipher the Perl code.

I took a quick look at the code again (it's been a while since I wrote
it or used it) to see what's going on.

Are your MP3 already in the MythMusic DB? The script grabs the ID for
each file by matching the filename listed in the m3u to that in the DB.
If the MP3s are not already in the DB or your m3u uses a different path
than the DB (say Windows: c:\blah\foo.mp3), things aren't going to work.
All my machines are Linux with the same directory structure, so the
script suited my needs.

I should probably add some nice error messages to the script. Maybe
someday when I have some free time...

Joe