[mythtv-users] mythtv in china?

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Tue Aug 31 02:05:13 EDT 2004

Tomoki Taniguchi wrote:
>   So now I am thinking it's about time to get a PVR.  But the problem
> is that A) they don't sell PVR's in China yet, and B) even if I
> brought one in from another country, I could really only use it to
> record from video-in, so no recoding scheduling would be supported...
>   So I am thinking about building a mythTV box.  But before I start, I
> want to know if anyone on the list has gotten MythTV working with
> channel guides in China?  Specifically using the one of the satellite
> boxes we foreigners can get here in China.  And if so how do I get
> mythTV to interface with the satellite box?

Regarding the last question, if the satellite box works with a remote
control, then you can train an IR blaster to talk to it.  Of course, if
it has serial and it's a known box, that would be much better.  Try to
find out the exact model number of the sat box and you'll be better
equipped to work out the details... Having said that, I haven't a clue
on channel guides in China.  Check with the xmltv project to see if they
have anything...

	-I