[mythtv-users] Mythmusic alternatives? xmms?

DTR dtr at edenforge.com
Mon Aug 30 14:46:16 EDT 2004

I'm looking for a way to get .mpc and .ape support for my mythbox.  I
don't their either of those codecs are a part of libavcodec but there
are existing plugins for xmms for them which I have tried (they work).

The thing I like about xmms is that the codec/plugins for new formats
seem to be readily available for this player.

What I'm wondering is, how are other people out there expanding their
codec support on their mythbox so they aren't limited to a few specific
codecs.  For those of you who use xmms, have you found a way to make it
integrate fairly well into myth so it looks reasonably polished?  (i.e.
maybe some sort of fullscreen myth themed skin or something)

--

DTR