[mythtv-users] Remote stops on DVD insert

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Mon Aug 30 12:23:41 EDT 2004

At 12:40 30/08/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi all
>
>When i insert a DVD mythtv stops responding to the remote - killing and
>starting it up again gets the remote back. I can then play the DVD ok, exit
>and myth continues to work. Is it losing the focus or something? Any ideas?
>
>TIA
>
>RC

Chances are you haven't configured a lircrc file for whatever you use to
play back your DVD's. Myth uses mplayer (or Xine) to play back DVD's, and
these don't use the ~/.mythtv/lircrc file, they use ~/.lircrc instead.

You can either create a whole new lircrc file for mplayer/Xine, or you can
append mplayer/Xine controls to your MythTV lircrc file and symlink them
together.

I personally recommend Xine for DVD's since mplayer can't do DVD menus yet.