[mythtv-users] RE: Problems starting X with PVR 350

Martin Ravell martin.ravell at rave-tech.com.au
Sun Aug 29 19:39:21 EDT 2004

[stuff removed]

>Does /dev/fb0 exist? What's "fbset -fb /dev/fb0" say?
>Everything looks okay in your dmesg output after loading the ivtv drivers.
>
>James.

You may have hit upon something here James. The above command returns the
following:

[root at porky mythtv]# /usr/sbin/fbset -fb /dev/fb0
open /dev/fb0: No such device

Thanks for that, I didn't know there was a fbset prog I could use.

Next question. How does one obtain a /dev/fb0?

Not being up on how linux does it's device handling I'd assumed that this
device is part of the PVR350 and that the system would find it at boot. Do I
have to build it somehow?

The How-To guides I've been looking through don't mention this as far as I
can tell.

Could I have a bad card?

Regards
Marty