[mythtv-users] Is there a good guide on recording profiles somewhere?

Dave Bush hockeystatman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 19:39:26 EDT 2004

Hey all,
     I'm getting ever so close to being able to say "Done!" and
replace my Tivo with my MythTV box. One thing I've Googled for, but I
must not be looking for the right thing, is configuration examples of
recording profiles. Specifically I'm looking for ideas on setting up
the different recording profiles for use with a PVR-350. Right now
they're on the default, and the resulting files are a little large,
but space isn't a problem yet.

     Ultimately I'd really like to have a low quality setting that
uses 1 GB per hour or less, and a higher quality setting that uses 2
GB per hour or whatever people recommend.

     One other thing to ask is does anyone have any idea what'd make
the screen display in mythfrontend look overly pink? If I transcode a
recorded show and watch it elsewhere it looks fine, and when I see the
little preview screens in mythfrontend the recordings look fine. It's
just when I try to view a recording (or live TV) that everything turns
a shade of pink. It's not the tuner type problem I was experiencing
earlier.

     Finally - I want to send a HUGE thank you to Michael for the help
with the new tuner on my PVR-350 card. I figured out how to patch &
compile everything, and other than the things listed above everything
is working great. Thanks!

Regards,
- Dave
--
Dave Bush <hockeystatman at gmail.com>

There are two seasons in my world - Hockey and Construction