[mythtv-users] Digital Cable.

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Aug 27 18:07:43 EDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 08:55:03PM +0200, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> >As I understand it, Digital cable is MPEG2 streams over DOCSIS.  It
> >
> Its MPEG2 TS. DOCSIS simply re-uses the TS part. So, Digital cable is
> NOT over DOCSIS. It actually precedes DOCSIS by many years

To clarify some, DOCSIS is *specifically* only about the high-speed
data, or cablemodem, service.  The digital broadcast delivery services
sent to you by your cable company, if they conform to a standard at
all, probably comply with ANSI/SCTE standard 40-2004, available in PDF
from:

http://scte.org/standards/index.cfm?pID=102

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi