[mythtv-users] Performance Comparison

johnnybastard at shaw.ca johnnybastard at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 27 06:11:06 EDT 2004

Why can an Xbox frontend with a USB keyboard scroll through the the menus
super fast but my backend machine seems very slow in comparison? I also have
tried a frontend on my PC and it seems very close to the backend machine's
slow menu manouvering performance. I am running Fedora Core 1 and used
Jarod's how to in order to setup my PC's. The backend machine is a P3 1200
w/PVR250 and has a separate partition the way Jarod recomended. The set top
box is my backend and main viewing station and the Xbox is downstairs.
 Any insight would be appreciated.

John