[mythtv-users] Filesystem questions

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Aug 27 00:15:48 EDT 2004

On Aug 26, 2004, at 11:14, John Morris wrote:

> WBEL is a rebuild of RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.  I have been toying
> with the idea of trying to get Myth going on it but frankly, the idea
> of
> trying to build the ivtv driver on it's mutant 2.4/2.6 kernel keeps
> scaring into putting it off.

I haven't got around to trying out ivtv on it, but I have the rest of
MythTV running on a RHEL3 box already. I've been toying with the notion
of switching my docs over to one of the RHEL3 rebuilds (or create
another Myth-centric one), once I get Axel to build all the packages
(or build them myself). :-) That may happen sooner than later, either
on my own build server or his...

> But if that one problem could be solved it would offer the advantage
> of a
> longer supported life over Fedora.

Someone asked the question of what platform they'd suggest putting
commercial Myth systems on... I'd be inclined to go with an RHEL3
rebuild for that very reason. I have a spare M179 laying about, perhaps
I'll toss it in my RHEL3 workstation this weekend. I have a feeling it
won't be a problem, but who knows...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com