[mythtv-users] Problems running mplayer on XBOX - LIRC related

Paul Volkaerts paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Thu Aug 26 16:41:12 EDT 2004

Hi;

I just installed Mythtv onto my XBOX using Xebian 1.0.3 and the latest 0.4
build of Xbox-Mythtv; and most things are up and running very quickly.

I cannot however get mplayer to work for MythVideo.

When I try just running "mplayer" from the command line it loads some config
files, says "Setting up LIRC..." then bombs out with a segmentation fault
and some errors about files not existing. Clearly my lircrc file exists as I
am using the remote with Mythtv.

If I change the mplayer command to include "-nolirc" then mplayer runs fine;
but then I cannot control it using the XBOX remote.

Anyone hit a similar problem?

Paul