[mythtv-users] Debugging MythTV issues

Abhi abhi at 4961ocean.org
Thu Aug 26 13:55:18 EDT 2004

--On Thursday, August 26, 2004 12:47 AM +0200 maestro <waggawagga at gmx.net>
wrote:

> just a wild quess... have you changed your ivtv driver to some ck
> version?

yup, I had to use ivtv from
<http://67.18.1.101/~ckennedy/ivtv/>
It was a ck version. Since its 2.6 kernel

> because if so you don't need any parameters anymore in your
> modprobe.conf (afaik they sometimes the conflict with autodetection). at
> least ck100b (what i'm using) does its job with autodetection really
> great.

I tried that (removed all lines from modprobe.conf) and it still didn't work
Would you mind sending me your modprobe.conf file.

I have been trying
cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/m.mpg
mplayer /tmp/m.mpg

I guess this is the first test, to make sure that the tuner is working,
right?

> can you tune a channel in with ptune/ptune-ui from the ivtv package?

Can I use ivtvctl for this.

> hope that helped
> so long
> maestro