[mythtv-users] xvmv epia M10000

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Thu Aug 26 03:54:55 EDT 2004

> Has anyone successfully got the mpeg hardware decoder working using the
> M10000 and xvmc?  I would like to upgrade to the newest kernel, however
> the epia patches state that via_v4l_drv is no longer supported due to a
> change in the drm code.

Where did you see that comment? I missed that. As for running the latest
kernel... well I'm on 2.6.8.1 at the moment and my patch still works fine for
me.

> Can I expect good framerate using the onboard video using xvmc?

Should be the same as the ddmpeg framerate. Although.... the viaxvmc
implementation does currently require slightly more CPU usage than the ddmpeg
method.

also perhaps calling it xvmc was a bad idea, as Isaac mentioned, this is not
xvmc. I think Thomas is generally calling it xxvmc at the moment, perhaps
xvvld or something would have been a better name with hindsight.

I made a start at a myth patch... but I haven't had any time to work on it
recently.. and the development Vaio has broken (yet) again so it may be a
while.

Regards,
Ivor

--