[mythtv-users] Does this CVS command fetch the *current* version?

Tim Tait t.tait at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 23:44:44 EDT 2004

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

>cvs -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs checkout
>mythtv
>
>I ask, because I just retrieved it to see if it would fix a couple
>problems, but the backend log still start with
>
>2004-08-25 23:02:43 mythbackend version: 0.15.20040525-1 www.mythtv.org
>
>Cheers,
>-- jra

In the past I have problems in general with CVS giving me the latest
version - it stores the version it checked out. Ie, if you check out a
file and modify it, a cvs diff will by default only show changes against
the version you checked out, not any newer versions that have been
added. Also if you specified a revision on checkout originally it may be
"sticky". But I'm no CVS expert.

Anyhow, use "-D now" or "-r HEAD" to force the latest to be used.

Tim