AW: Re: [mythtv-users] Filesystem questions

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Aug 25 13:53:34 EDT 2004

On 8/25/2004 1:20 PM, verteiler at juro.at wrote:

>Sorry, I installed White Box Linux (which is a Fedora Core 1 distribution) and patched it to 2.4.22-1.2199.npt1_51.rhfc1.at.

I have used FC1 (installed following Jarod's guide) with XFS and LVM
using atrpms and didn't have any problems.  I forget the versions.  It
was whatever was current at the time.

>The drives I have problems with run on a Promise ATA controller, so I assume that that is the problem. I have now installed a Fedora Core 2 on a different drive to see, whether that solves the xfs-problem. I can only hope, that I get the ivtv-driver to work on the 2.6 kernel.

I have 4 IDE hard drives on a Promise controller (TX2 maybe?) in my
backend.  They are LVM'd together and running XFS on top.  I used FC2
and setup the LVM and XFS at install time.

If you use one of the recent ck ivtv patches it should work with 2.6
kernel.  I use ck99e myself.

>Is anyone here using MythTV on a FC2 machine?

Yes, my backend is FC2 running a kernel.org 2.6.7 with a couple of
patches.  My frontend is kernel.org 2.6.7 vanilla.

> If so did you use Jarod's how-to (using apt-get) or did you install via tars?

I have used Jarod's guide in the past without any problems, but my FC2
installations are from tarballs.  Mostly because I do development on them.

> Anything that I should watch out for?

Not that I can think of.

--
David