[mythtv-users] nuvexport command line interface (CLI)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Aug 25 11:22:54 EDT 2004

> Once the job queue stuff I'm working on is in place, queueing up a nuvexport job
> from mythweb would be as easy as inserting a record into the jobqueue table if
> you had setup a custom nuvexport job previously.  The JobQueue would take care
> of running the job when its turn came up in the queue.  You'll also be able to
> fire off commercial flagging from MythWeb by inserting a record into this
> table.  I want to convert the current transcoding queue over to using this
> as well.

Could you mail me the spec from this table?   I have my own nuvexport
table ready to be implemented, and it contains things like a progress
indicator so the status can be watched from mythweb (or another source).
  If you want me to use this table, we'll need to colaborate so that it
supports the features I want for nuvexport.

> Once you have MythWeb capable of queueing jobs, then batching them is done
> as well because you just queue up multiple jobs and each one is handled
> in-turn.

That's the idea.  The problem is that nuvexport still needs to be ABLE
to be run in standalone mode, but data still needs to go into the table
so job progress can be tracked..   Happy to work with you on this,
otherwise, I'll stick to what I have on my own.

-Chris