[mythtv-users] Re: Mascot? (Was: commercial detection causing backend to stop)

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Aug 25 05:25:24 EDT 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 August 2004 02:38 am, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>>Michael J. Sherman wrote:
>>

>>>Having come up with several themes, I can say it's quite hard to keep up
>>>with all the small GUI changes that get made over time.  Also, I do not
>>>run every myth module (recipe? I don't need no stinkin recipes), so I
>>>cannot see all the changes that must be made for each module.
>>
>>This isn't (necessarily) an answer to keep a customized theme
>>up to date but there is an easy way to continue to use old
>>themes. The trick is the use the "ui.xml" from the blue theme.
>>The theme will still have it's background, menu layout and fonts,
>>images, etc. Pages like the Watch Recordings, Schedule Recordings,
>>Program Finder, etc. will have the same layout as "blue" so all
>>these pages will be up to date and will work.
>

> I really dislike color swap themes.  Kind of pointless, if you ask me.

Noted =). Generally text is white, highlight is yellow and
the record color is green and this looks okay on top of most
backgrounds. This never worked for "liquid" because it has a
nearly white background. The point is that you can use old
themes without any manual changes. I still really like "iulius"
for it's simplicity and uncluttered functionality.

However, shortly after I sent this it struck me that with the
new mythui stuff, old themes may not work anymore so this is
probably a bad time to suggest this ;-).

--  bjm