[mythtv-users] jfs vs reiser4

Mike Benoit ipso at snappymail.ca
Tue Aug 24 01:39:56 EDT 2004

They are old benchmarks, but I can't see things having changed
_significantly_ since they were run.

http://fsbench.netnaton.com

Reiser4 seems to have a way of being very fast, at the expense of using
more CPU then other file systems. It seems to usually work out in the
end though.

For example:

Would you rather spend 60 seconds doing 1000 writes and using 25% CPU.
Or 30 seconds doing 1000 writes using 50% CPU?

I think the bottom line is you won't know until you try it yourself,
with your specific workload. Unfortunately that isn't always easy.

Mike Benoit <ipso at snappymail.ca>