[mythtv-users] No response from TV. Really need some help. Ready to give up.

Wayne Steenburg w.steenburg at myactv.net
Mon Aug 23 18:56:42 EDT 2004

> Connection possibilities: I've plugged the cable provided with the
> PVR-350 into the S-Vid out port on the PVR350 card. Here I get
> confused.
>
> The TV (a big screen Sony projection model) has two columns of input
> ports. The first column has red, white and yellow connections to the
> VCR (with coax from there to the cable box), plus an S-Vid port at
> the top of that column which is unused. The second column has red,
> what and yellow RCA connectors and no S-VID port.
>
> I've tried both possibilities that the splitter cable + TV ports
> suggests; i.e. an S-VID cable and a red/white/yellow RCA cable

<snip>

That's fine (actually ideal) provided you're not plugging the yellow
(composite video) RCA cable into your tv.  If you do that your tv may
not look for a signal from the s-video since they're on the same input.
Also most tv's have a button marked "input" or "tv/vid(eo)" which cycles
through the various inputs. Your vcr's inputs probably funtion in a
similar manner.  Your owner's manual will tell you exactly how for your
model.

Wayne Steenburg