[mythtv-users] Sound problems, xawtv and tvtime work fine

Johan Gorter j.gorter at quicknet.nl
Mon Aug 23 14:32:48 EDT 2004

Hello,

I have the pinnacle stereo tv card and fedora core 2. Tvtime and xawtv work
fine (although the audio and video are not perfectly synchronous). In
mythtv, the sound does not work altogether. Even if I connect my speakers
directly to the output of the tv-card, there is no sound.

dmesg shows the following messages:
Applicaton mythbackend uses obsolete OSS audio interface
Applicaton mythfrontend uses obsolete OSS audio interface

These messages are probably coming from the v4l2 drivers. (which I had to
slightly tweak to get sound in the first place)

Does anyone have any clue what could be the problem, or what I could try to
solve it?

Regards,

Johan