[mythtv-users] Corrupted database file

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Aug 23 12:10:03 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 09:57:55AM -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Adam Felson wrote:
> >I'm getting tons of the following error in my logs:
> >        2004-08-23 08:09:49 MainServer::HandleAnnounce Playback
> >        2004-08-23 08:09:49 adding: myth as a client (events: 0)
> >        DB Error (Recorded program deletion (2)):
> >        Query was:
> >        DELETE FROM recordedmarkup WHERE chanid = 1002 AND starttime =
> >        20040822202400;
> >        Driver error was [2/-1]:
> >        QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> >        Database error was:
> >        Can't open file: 'recordedmarkup.MYI'. (errno: 145)
> >It looks like a table got corrupted.
> >Can somebody give me a clue how to repair it?

> Check the MySQL documentation
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Repair.html

I dumped out the results of 'show tables', and massaged it into a
script to repair each one.  Then I called that script from my service
control script, when it gets 'fix' instead of 'restart'.  If anyone
would like to see the results (which are, admittedly, somewhat
SuSE-centric), I'd be glad to post them.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi