[mythtv-users] Can postgresql be used with mythtv?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Aug 22 11:07:45 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 09:40, Jason Gabriele wrote:
> >If I recall correctly, the major
> >issue the last time I looked was the autoincrement stuff.  The code
> >inserted a stub record, got the autoincrement number back, and then
> >went
> >on to modify the record as needed.
>
> postgres supports a serial type which is just an autoincremented int4.
> not sure if thats what you are looking for.
>
> "CREATE TABLE test (
>    id serial UNIQUE PRIMARY KEY
> );"
>
> it also uses sequences where you increment it by calling nextval
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/datatype.html#DATATYPE-SERIAL

Thanks for everyones input on this question.  Sounds like postgresql can
be used but has not been implemented yet.

I need to select the hardware to use for this project and do some more
reading on how it all works.  (trying to understand if the PVR-350
provides all the capabilities needed for this project or if another card
would be better) When I get started I will be looking to implement
postgresql as the database.  (personal preference)

Again thanks for the input.
--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com