[mythtv-users] Re: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded - how do you reinstall support?

Cedric Tefft cedric at phreaker.net
Sun Aug 22 02:32:16 EDT 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2004, at 04:56, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:12:00 -0400
>> James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I reinstalled mythtv-suite and then reinstalled CVS without removing
>>> anything. Then I modified mysql.txt for the correct host name. Now
>>> when I get:
>>> #mythfrontend
>>> Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of
>>> the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
>>> authentication failed
>>> QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
>>> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
>>> QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
>>> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
>>> Unable to connect to database!
>>> No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
>>> couldn't open db

This may or may not be useful info:  I had the same error when I first
build my system under FC2.  A little Googling showed the basic problem
was that I was missing mysql support in Qt as provided by the file:
libqsqlmysql.so.  For me, this was just a matter of installing the
qt-MySQL RPM provided with FC2.  In your case, you might have to do a
little digging to see if you have a broken package or may be it's
putting the library in a weird place.

- Cedric