[mythtv-users] If You Were to Mass Produce MythTV Boxes...

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 21:39:42 EDT 2004

From: John Smith <john_smith_45678 at yahoo.com>
>CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2500+

I'd use whatever has the lowest power/heat
and will still do the job.  Perhaps a low end Sempron?
My Athlon XP1800 was in a 11x12 room while
doing a reinstall after a disk crash.  With the
door closed, the room would get noticably stuffy and
hot after a few hours.

>PSU: Don't know

Seasonic Super Tornado or Super Silencer.  Besides
being the quietest, it's also more efficient
than typical PSUs.  It may only be a few watts, but
multiply that by 8760 hours per year and 15cents per
KW/hr ($1314 per KW per year) and it starts paying
for itself after only a few months.

-Dennis