[mythtv-users] Possible bugs in TV Editing

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Fri Aug 20 21:18:53 EDT 2004

I edited one of my recordings to remove commercials and convert it to
MPEG4 to save space. It all went quite beautifully, however the last
commercial break was not removed. I thought that it may have been
because, although I marked the beginning of the commercial ("delete
after this point"), I don't think that I marked the last frame of the
file for "delete before this point". I would suggest that Myth
automatically assume that you mean to delete to the end of the file
if there is no "delete before this point" marker after a "delete
after this point" marker.

Anyway, so then I thought I would just create a new cutlist for the
resulting file and cut the last commercial by putting the markers in
the appropriate location, and the end of the file. However, when
attempting to put the final marker (a "delete before this point"
marker) at the very end of the file, my computer hung. I believe that
I have hung my computer in this exact same manner before, thus I
thought a message to the list may be in order.

Finally, while I'm on the subject, wouldn't it make sense to have an
"undo" option after a transcoding? I know that the old file is still
there, but the UI doesn't allow access to it. It would also be good
to be able to delete these ".old" files from the UI (using the remote
control) without haveing to ssh in.

I hope this report is useful to someone.  ;-)

regards,
Brad