[mythtv-users] avidemux2 command line? nuv -->> DVD

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Fri Aug 20 16:06:41 EDT 2004

Quoting James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com>:

> I use the following steps for converting nuv files to DVD:
>
> 1) use avidemux2 to export the raw video and audio files
> 	video = file.m2v
> 	audio = file.mp2
> 2) mplex files together
> 	mplex -f 8 -o file.mpg file.m2v file.mp2
> 3) dvdauthor to create the VOBs
> 	dvdauthor -o [directory] -f file.mpg
> 	dvdauthor -T -o [directory]
> 4) test VOBs
> 5) burn DVD
OK, this is a reply to a rather old post, but one thing that you might find
useful:

There's a utility called "mpeg2desc" included with dvdauthor that can be used
for splitting MPEG2 program streams into seperate video and audio streams.

I need to dig up the script I use for DVD export, but it does things the same
way you are except using mpeg2desc, allowing it to be completely non-GUI.  It
also uses named pipes to reduce the amount of diskspace needed/speed things up.
 :)  Unfortunately I just nuked and repaved my RH 7.3 box for Gentoo and the
script may need to be rewritten, as I may have forgotten to back it up.